Are you in an IT management or analyst position in the US public sector? If so, you’re aware that one of the biggest challenges facing your agency or organization is cyber threats. From attacks on employee, patient, student or constituent personal data to the comprehensive takedown of entire systems accompanied by ransom demands, the risks facing state and local government agencies, the educational system, and public healthcare facilities are many and alarming.
When you are charged with supplying much needed public services to a community, whether at local, county, or state level your prime concern must be to protect the privacy of those depending on you and to defend the infrastructure that makes providing services possible.
If your cybersecurity protocols don’t offer adequate protection against hackers and other bad actors, your reputation and that of your organization can be destroyed in a matter of hours. A disruption of critical municipal services such as payment systems associated with the courts or utility systems, or a breakdown in communications for emergency services can wreak havoc and destroy public trust in you and your office.
Common Targets for Public Sector Cybersecurity Breaches
Public sector cybersecurity attacks often target state, local, governments and agencies, education departments, and public healthcare facilities. Yours could be next on the list and without appropriate cybersecurity protocols and protections in place you are at risk. Here are some common targets:
- Government cybersecurity breaches can be catastrophic, with emergency services thrown into chaos, public utilities tampered with, and your constituents left adrift without a safety net.
- School cybersecurity breaches can leave your students, staff, and family members reeling after their personally identifying information is stolen and used to perpetuate identity theft.
- Healthcare cybersecurity threats can target patient data (incurring HIPAA violations). Hospital cybersecurity breaches can also impact billing and payment details from transactional records, resulting in untold loss to patients and insurers.
Increased Data Protection and Cybersecurity in the Public Sector
Some vulnerabilities your organization may be facing include:
- Outdated legacy platforms, which are cost-prohibitive to replace but can contain many security issues due to outdated software;
- Employee-based vulnerabilities, including a tendency to blindly obey instructions that appear to come for an authority without verifying the source; and
- The Internet of Things, which can connect hundreds or thousands of devices to your network, each one presenting a new point of access and a new level of risk.
While some breaches are identified swiftly and access is terminated with low or no significant data loss, others can be ongoing for months or even a year, putting thousands or millions of records at risk. If a hacker gains access to your mainframe, your entire database can be exposed and put up for sale, or your complete system could be encrypted to lock you out as ransom is demanded by hackers.
Exaggerating the public sector attack surface , the COVID-19 pandemic caused many organizations to expedite their shift to the cloud, opening up a new wave of opportunity for malicious actors as remote devices proliferated and endpoints expanded . Nonetheless, wherever you are on your cloud journey, security is at the front of your mind. Acronis SCS makes cloud migration easy and safe by offering an all in one solution with cybersecurity, backup, and antimalware – managed in a centralized console and supported by 100% US citizens.
Reasons to Move to a Cloud Cyber Protection Plan
A cloud cyber protection plan has multiple benefits, including the ability to offer superior protection when compared to legacy on-premise solutions. When you opt for a cloud model powered by artificial intelligence, you can:
- Reduce endpoint risks by eliminating internal infrastructure and ensuring continual implementation of critical updates and security patches;
- Enhance reliability and availability thanks to multiple redundancies and failsafes, which keep your data backed up and ready to roll back to a previous version at all times;
- Rapid detection and response with data protection, cybersecurity, and endpoint deployment and management covered by a single point of oversight;
- Improved analysis performed seamlessly in the cloud across massive datasets and transactional volume at speed and with a high degree of accuracy;
- URL filtering to stop phishing attempts in their tracks and block future attempts while building a list of untrusted sites and sources; and
- Database protection through secure storage in the cloud, where it can be encrypted and dispersed across multiple nodes for greater defense against ransomware attempts.
Benefits of Adopting Cloud Based Cybersecurity with Acronis SCS Cyber Protect
Acronis SCS Cyber Protect delivers a comprehensive cloud product that offers a revolutionary approach to cyber protection by integrating data protection with cybersecurity. This integrated method eliminates complexity challenges, delivers better protection against today’s threats, and maximizes efficiency by saving you time and money.
With full-stack antimalware protection and comprehensive endpoint management, Acronis SCS Cyber Protect combats advanced cyberattacks with a unique integration of protection technologies while simplifying daily IT operations, endpoint deployments and management, and reporting. Now you can manage all cyber protection aspects from a single pane of glass.
Cybersecurity and endpoint protection
Our comprehensive endpoint management helps to conserve IT resources through easy to navigate UI and remote desktop capabilities that allow your remote employees to maintain cybersecurity best practices, even while at home.
Superlative full-stack protection against malware is achieved by a combination of AI-based ransomware and crypto-mining detection. Malware is swifty identified and dealt with, and email security enhanced for robust endpoint protection.
Database backup and recovery
Fast and reliable recovery of your data, applications, and systems allows you to stay up-and-running – no matter the attack, natural disaster, or device lost.
Flexible deployment and licensing options
No matter where you are on your cloud journey, Aronis SCS provides a number of different deployment options that allow you to store your data on premise, in your own organization cloud, or in our secure Acronis SCS hosted cloud. We also provide a range of licensing options that can be tailored to meet your agency’s specific needs – whether that be pay upfront, by the month, or by the year.
US Based Operations & Support
Frustrated with hard to understand and uncontrolled support environments? Acronis SCS has got you covered – all members of our support team are US citizens. They understand your pain points and know how to provide top-notch support to US public sector customers of all stripes, from large federal agencies to the smallest K-12 schools. We provide round the clock support for database security to help you navigate a threat at any time of the day or night. At Acronis SCS, the US public sector is our # 1priority – in fact, it’s our only priority. We strive to ensure our customers are equipped with the operational assurance and cyber protection they need to survive and thrive in an increasingly complex cyber landscape.
Don’t leave your state or local government, healthcare organization, or school open to cyber threats – defend your data and the data of those who trust in you with Acronis SCS Cyber Protect. Contact us today to talk about your security and cyber protection needs.