Purpose Built for Air Gapped Environments
In the backup and recovery software market, there is a troubling gap for US public sector customers operating in ‘no internet’ environments, including Department of Defense weapons testing sites, development labs / centers, training simulators, deployed tactical elements and warfighters, public utility supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems, and more. Traditionally, those responsible for keeping these air gapped networks and their systems up-and-running have had to choose between outdated imaging tools or newer solutions with integration points that only increase a network’s attack surface.
With the launch of our latest cyber protection solution this weekend, we have put that choice to bed. Our new full image backup and disaster recovery software – Acronis SCS Cyber Backup 12.5 Hardened Edition – is purpose built to meet the operational assurance, security, and usability needs of these air gapped environments without sacrificing the modern features and reliable user experience our long-time customers have come to know and trust.
What Makes Our Hardened Software Unique?
Three key elements set our solution apart from other backup and disaster recovery solutions on the market:
- Zero-Connectivity. The new hardened product requires zero integration or outbound connections to online services in order to function. This is critical from both a security and a usability perspective. Our product radically reduces an air gapped environment’s attack surface and minimizes the time IT personnel spend wading through the false alerts and failed outbound communication attempts generated by non-hardened backup products.
- Our hardened product incorporates Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2 validated encryption and RSA key generation. It also utilizes hardware-based random number generation to ensure our encryption is seeded with maximum entropy.
- To ensure our hardened product is trusted across all levels of government, it has and continues to undergo rigorous testing as part of FIPS 140-2, Common Criteria, and Department of Defense Information Network Approved Products List (DoDIN APL) certification processes. Once these certifications finalize in 2020, ours will be the only full disk image backup and disaster recovery point solution available on the DoDIN APL.
In addition, users of this new product enjoy the same level of Active ProtectionTM against ransomware attacks already available with Acronis SCS Cyber Backup 12.5, our non-hardened solution, as well as the flexibility to perform local backups at various levels and to various locations.
And with responsive, US-based support available for all our products, our customers can rest assured any questions and concerns will be handled in the most secure and efficient manner.
Why All the Certifications?
You may be wondering why all those certifications matter. Here’s what they bring to the table to ensure our product is trusted for use across the Department of Defense and all levels of US government:
- FIPS 140-2 certification verifies our backup communication and archives are protected with military-grade encryption and have been reviewed and tested by government labs for use in environments that contain sensitive information.
- Common Criteria certification provides assurance to customers that the process of specification, implementation, and evaluation of our hardened product was conducted in a thorough and standard manner, including our cryptographic support, user data protection, security management, protection of the TSF, and more. These standards – which were developed by the National Information Assurance Partnership, are managed by the National Security Agency, and are accepted by more than thirty countries – ensure our product satisfies information assurance and supply chain requirements in the United States.
- DoDIN APL certification ensures our product is recognized as a military/DoD lab-tested and trusted solution for purchase within the Department of Defense. The certification includes requirements for cryptography, information assurance, CAC/PKI, IPv6, and UCR, as well as CS, SAR, and IO testing.
The Bottom Line
Performing repetitive yet crucial tasks on sensitive systems – like full disk image and file-level backup – is a daily reality for technical personnel across all levels of the US government and beyond. Our hardened backup solution makes your job easier and your systems more resilient. No unnecessary complexity and outbound connection points that expand your organization’s attack surface. No third parties touching your interface and accessing backend protocols for integration or license maintenance. Just one secure, user-friendly, tested, and trusted solution to seamlessly support all your disk imaging, backup, and disaster recovery needs.
Want to learn more or ready to talk to Sales? Visit the Acronis SCS Cyber Backup 12.5 Hardened Edition product page today!